We can all make a difference. Here are a few things you can do to share in our effort to help save lives:
- Animal overpopulation is often the direct result of ignorance and irresponsibility. Avoid breeding your dog and cat and be a voice in your community.
- Set a positive example. Take personal responsibility for your companion animal's health and have him/her spayed or neutered. Tell people within your personal and professional circles about the importance of spaying or neutering their pets.
- Spread the word. If our mobile spay/neuter van is in your area and you would like to help us with publicity, contact us and we will send you an electronic flyer that you can print and/or distribute by email.
- Play host. If you are a leader in your community and would like to host a mobile spay/neuter van in your neighborhood, all you need to do is secure a suitable parking spot. High visibility areas work best as they can be easily seen by the public and accessed by pet owners. Contact us to coordinate the logistics.
- Save a life. When you or your friends, family and colleagues are looking to bring a pet into your lives, consider the benefits of adopting from a shelter or rescue organization. Avoid purchasing pets from pet stores and the internet as both sell dogs from puppy mills.
- Become a resource. If you are affiliated with a media outlet and can help The Toby Project educate the community, please contact us.